hey guys! just dropping in today with a quick recipe! this one is one of my favorites and defintely makes an appearance at least once a week! its also a PERFECT low-carb dish for thanksgiving tomorrow! i plan to stay low-carb this thanksgiving, sticking with turkey, mashed cauliflower, and this green bean casserole. i will have to stay away from my favorite: stuffing, but that’s the only food that is hard to resist for me this holiday.
so, this recipe is from my dad. he doesn’t really have step-by-step recipes, just throws some stuff in a dish or pan and calls it good. i’m finding out i’m the same way, so if your measurements don’t work out, its because i’m guesstimating here, but if its too soupy, just bake it a little longer (that always works for me 🙂 )
low carb green bean casserole
- 2 cans of french cut green beans (can use different style, but these are my favorite)
- 1 cup of heavy cream or half and half
- 1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 T butter
- 1/2-1 cup of French’s Fried Onion Toppers
- pre-heat oven to ~375*.
- in a sauce pan, over medium/high heat, melt butter.
- once butter starts to melt, add Lipton Onion Soup Mix and whisk until combined with butter.
- add in heavy cream and whisk for about 2-3 minutes. at this point, the mixture should start to become pretty thick, like a gravy.
- place green beans in a small casserole dish.
- add thickened mixture to green beans and mix well.
- bake for about 10-15 mins, or until green beans are heated through and no longer soupy.
- remove casserole from oven and top with fried onions, then place back in oven for about 3-5 minutes, or just long enough for them to get crispy.
- remove and enjoy!
hope you all like this recipe! its a perfect addition to your thanksgiving dinner menu! if you make it, let me know how you like it and tag me in your pictures on instagram! i love seeing people make my dishes!