hey guys! i came back, as promised, recipe and all! so, these eggs are a great variation of your normal deviled eggs. they’re always a hit at parties and even perfect for snacks at work. they’re great for a low carb or ketogenic diet, as well, since one egg has less than 1 carb per serving! so, enough talking, lets get into the details of these easy to make eggs!
crab wasabi devlied eggs
- 6 eggs
- 8 oz of lump crab meat
- 1-3T mayonnaise or mayonnaise substitute
- 1-5t wasabi paste
- salt & pepper (to taste)
- smoked paprika (to garnish)
- boil eggs until hard. (this is the hardest part, in my opinion, only because i’m awful at boiling eggs) i bought this “egg perfect eggtimer” from amazon last week and i have to say, i’m pretty impressed. i still set my timer on oven, but i’m also able to check the egg timer to make sure the eggs are actually fully cooked. it reacts to heat just as an egg does, so its able to show you when eggs are soft, medium, and hard boiled! OK, enough about my egg timer, boil your eggs until they are hard.
- peel eggs, cut in half, and remove yolks. set aside 2 yolks (i only used two out of the six yolks for this recipe, but you can use as little or as many as you would like) this recipe is pretty much all “to taste”, i think. i gave the rest of the yolks to the dogs.. they loved it.
- set aside boiled egg whites on a plate.
- in a bowl, mix together two hard boiled yolks, 8 oz. of crab meat, 1-2T of mayo, a pinch of salt, and 1t of wasabi. mix together and taste as you go. this is where you may add more wasabi and salt depending on your taste. i think altogether, i mixed in about 4-5 teaspoons of paste. i’m very sensitive to wasabi, although i like a little kick, so again, add more or less depending on your spice tolerance.
- once you are done with you mixture and its completely incorporated, spoon into the egg whites that were set aside. i tried to fill them completely up, but i did have some mixture leftover that wouldn’t fit.
- sprinkle some smoked paprika onto the eggs for garnish.
- eat and enjoy!
awful lighting.. sorry!
and here are the nutrition facts! i just plugged all of the ingredients used into myfitnesspal. the stats fit my low carb lifestyle perfect!
let me know if you end up making these! i always love to hear feedback about recipes!